Garage doors are an essential element of your home’s appearance and security. This is why it is advised to consult a good and reliable garage door company for installation, repair, replacement or any other job related with the garage door.
But besides this, it is also essential to know what your garage door is composed of, so that you can ensure its proper maintenance and mitigate any minor issues that the door faces.
Here are some major components of the garage door you need to know about:
- Door Sections: Your garage door could be made up of several sections or panels which are joined together by suitable adhesives or metallic parts. If any of these sections experience a blow, the entire door may feel the impact during its operations.
- Door Opener: If you have an automatic garage door, this is one of the most important components responsible for the opening and closing of the garage door. This itself is made up of many components and may require constant maintenance to operate well.
- Hinges: Hinges are liable to adjoin the garage door sections to each other and also allow bending of the door as it travels. In order to keep the hinges operational, you need to lubricate them regularly. Lack of lubrication could let them become loose, crack or even break them during the operation.
- Springs: The torsion spring is a heavily coiled element that is located directly over the garage door. These pieces remain under immense tensions and this is the reason why the openers are able to lift even the heaviest garage doors. If any of these springs break down, it is advised not to repair it yourself. Instead, call the pros.
- Tracks: These are the pathways on either side of the garage door where the rollers glide freely. The tracks demand a special lubrication regularly and you need to keep them absolutely clean. Any debris, dust or leaves etc. should be carefully removed, if spotted.
- Sensors: The photo eye safety sensors are also located on both the sides of garage door, close to the floors. One of the sensors emits a laser, which is received by the other. And if an object blocks the path of the laser, the garage door would not close in the condition.
- Bottom Seal: The bottom seal of your garage door is assigned several liabilities. For instance, it provides a proper fit to the door and it also protects the garage against undesirable elements. But with constant operation, the bottom seal may come loose, degrade or become brittle and needs a quick replacement.
So these are some of the important parts of your garage door which may need a bit of your attention for their maintenance.
And if any of these suffers a setback, do not forget to call the best servicemen for the garage door repair in Chicago or any other region. Contact the experts soon, before the troubles turn worse.